Product Code: BSFMS-F
Enjoy convenient pickup at your centrally located Barcelona accommodations. Greet your driver/guide and the rest of your small group of no more than 8 fellow travelers as you head to Passeig de Gracia, one of the city's main boulevards. Walk on the street's intricately paved stonework, designed by the legendary Antoni Gaudi. Shop at one of the many boutiques that line the boulevard, and admire the striking facades of the modernist buildings while listening to your guide's commentary. Snap photos of architectural masterpieces like La Pedrera, Casa Batllo, and Casa Lleo. You'll also see the Eixample, designed by Ildefons Cerda. Pass the Hospital de Sant Pau as you make your way to La Sagrada Familia. Learn about the different parts of the building, their symbolism and the designer that created them. Continue to the Ciutat Vella neighborhood.
Next, climb Montjuic for spectacular panoramic views. See the facilities from the 1992 Olympics, Palau Sant Jordi, and the "urban-ism" designed for the International Exhibition of 1929. Drive 60 km northwest of Barcelona, where Montserrat stands majestically - up to 4000 feet in height. The look of this rock mass, known for the whimsical shapes of its peaks soaring through the sky, is the result of a process of erosion over millions of years. In its ascent, you will discover the most mysteriously beautiful views of Catalonia.
In the mountain, 2380 feet above sea level and surrounded by this magnificent scenery, is located the Benedictine monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat. This visit includes the basilica, an authentic spiritual retreat center consisting of nearly a thousand years of history. It is also where you will find the Virgin of Montserrat - the "Black Madonna". According to legend, the virgin appeared in the IX century, giving rise the hermitage of Santa Maria and its worship for centuries. Patron and symbol of Catalonia, "Black Madonna" has been venerated into a XII century Romanesque carving which is characterized by its unique dark skin, hence the nickname as it is popularly known.
- Explore the 'Holy Cave' where the Madonna is said to have once appeared
- Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the city
- Visit the 12th-century carving of Our Lady of Montserrat, also known as La Moreneta
- Discover the hilltop religious retreat of Montserrat and sample the best of Barcelona
- Wander along the ancient Roman walls and narrow, winding streets of the Gothic Quarter before visiting a 2,000-year-old Roman Temple
- Old Town Walking tour
- Walking tour of the Natural Park of Montserrat
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional local guide
- Complete visit to Barcelona’s highlights
- Tickets to Sagrada Familia to be paid to the guide on the day of the tour
- Food or beverages
Know Before You Book
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
- We take care of the skip the line ticket reservation to Sagrada Familia
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Please wear comfortable shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
Location & Meeting Points
401 ,Carrer de Mallorca,