Product Code: BRCFL03-B
Spend a relaxed day with us away from the bustling city and discover Cava & Chocolate - a local tradition.
We will visit picturesque Sant Sadurni just 45 minutes outside of Barcelona in the famous Penedès wine region. When arriving at the train station we are greeted by the smell of freshly roasted cocoa beans. This quiet market town is not only home of the best Catalan chocolate maker but also the center of Cava production - the local sparkling wine made according to the same method and quality as French Champagne.
A short 10 minutes walk will lead us to an artisan Cava maker. With a history spanning more than 150 years this small scale, family run winery focuses on crafting premium quality, organic Cava. Descending into the cellars where the bottles are resting we will explain the history & methods used to create high quality sparkling wine. Upstairs we will have the chance to observe the disgorging & labelling process. We finish this experience in the leafy courtyard where we will take our time to enjoy various vintages while learning more about the different types of Cava.
After a stroll through the village's narrow streets we arrive to the chocolate factory with a tradition of 175 years. Here we will enjoy a unique experience for all five senses. Not only will we learn about cocoa, chocolate’s history & culture but also taste their different specialties.
- Enjoy various vintages while learning more about the different types of Cava
- Cava & Chocolate – the perfect combination for your senses and a tradition here in Catalonia!
- visit picturesque Sant Sadurni outside of Barcelona in the famous Penedès wine region
- Explain the history & methods used to create high quality sparkling wine
- This quiet market town is not only home of the best Catalan chocolate maker but also the center of Cava productio
- Tasting of 3 premium Cava´s
- Train tickets
- Professional guide during the whole day
- Exclusive tour at the premises of the Cava maker
- Entrance fee to the chocolate museum
- Lunch is not included but it is possible to book a 3 course menu in restaurant in the town
Know Before You Book
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Alcoholic allow only for 18+ travelers
Know Before You Go
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. We will walk a total of approx. 3 miles (4 km) during the whole day
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
Location & Meeting Points