Product Code: GMG-V
Your Glenfinnan tour begins in the heart of Glasgow city centre, departing the bustling streets and heading North, passing Loch Lomond and travelling through the heart of the Trossachs National Park.
We pause for refreshments in the Trossachs area, before continuing onwards to Glencoe. The Glen is arguably one of Scotland's most famous glens, and features in James Bond's 'Skyfall'; spend time here for photos and learn all about the history of the Massacre of Glencoe.
From the atmospheric Glencoe, we travel further north through the Highland town of Fort William. We pause in the area for a short coffee break and to stretch our legs, before we journey on to the Road to the Isles, or "Rathad nan Eilean". The area was run by the Clan Donald and is said to have some of the most spectacular scenery in the world, with sandy beaches, dramatic hills and unforgettable sea views; it's one not to be missed!
At the end of the road, we reach Mallaig, a scenic port on the West coast of Scotland. Mallaig comes from the old Norse, 'Mel Vik', meaning a sand dune bay. Spend time here for lunch, perhaps sample some of the famous local seafood and enjoy the beautiful sea views.
After Mallaig, our Harry Potter themed tour travels eastwards to the main attraction of the day; Glenfinnan Viaduct for the Harry Potter Steam Train. Surrounded by mountains on the shores of Loch Shiel, Glenfinnan Monument symbolises one of the most important events in Scottish history; the 1745 Jacobite Uprising. We spend approximately one hour at the monument, with enough time to learn the history of the Jacobites and just in time to see the famous Jacobite Steam Train crossing the bridge.
Not only is this location famous for the Jacobite Steam Train (aka. the Hogwarts Express), Loch Shiel was the location of the 'Black Lake'; see if you can spot a 'grindylow' under the surface causing mischief! It's also the setting for Buckbeak's beautiful flight, scenes from the Triwizard Tournament and also the stunning loch where Hogwarts is based.
From Glenfinnan and its Harry Potter train, we begin our return journey to Glasgow, stopping along the way for refreshments before reaching Luss at Loch Lomond. We spend time at the small village, with time to take photos of the beautiful Loch before returning to Glasgow, where our one day Steam Train tour ends.
- Explore Glenfinnan Viaduct
- Visit Mallaig, a scenic port on the West coast of Scotland
- Discover Glencoe city, which is arguably one of Scotland's most famous glens, and features in James Bond's 'Skyfall'
- See the beauty of Loch Shiel and Glenfinnan Monument
- Digital translations
- Luxury Modern air-conditioned coach
- Knowledgeable Driver-Guide
- Food and Drink
- Entrance to attractions
Know Before You Book
- Students must need to verify their legitimate ID on travel day
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please wear comfortable shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
- We recommend you bring warm & waterproof clothing and take sun-block or a hat for sunny days
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
Location & Meeting Points