Product Code: TSARGT-B
Meet your guide 15 minutes before the start of the 120 minute tour, outside the Cobra Cafe at Museum plein, by the parking/toilet entrance of the cafe. Your guide will be holding an orange umbrella so it is easy to identify! Skip-the-line entrance into the Rijksmuseum is included in your tour, and the guide will have your tickets ready for you.
Once inside the museum, you and your small group will explore the highlights of the Dutch Golden Age, exploring the art and objects that defined the new Dutch Republic. Be amazed by the illusionism of the still-life paintings and Vermeer’s interiors, be inspired by the scale of Rembrandt’s ‘The Night watch’, and see the dollhouse of every young child's dreams.
Along the way, your professional guide will explain the social and historical context that gave rise to one of the biggest middle class art markets the world had ever seen. After the tour, you are welcome to continue to explore the rest of some of the 8,000 works on display as your ticket is valid all day. Or maybe you want to relax in the cafe or the museum shop.
- Experience some of the most famous and influential works of the 17th century up close
- Explore how the artists Vermeer, Rembrandt, and Frans Hals, captured the incredible expansion ofthe Dutch Golden Age
- Explore how the art reflects the changing values
- See the people, objects, and the paintings that define this unprecedentedera of Dutch history
- Skip-the- line entrance to the Rijksmuseum
- Local City Tax
- Professional guide
- Highlights of the permanent collection
- Food & beverages
- Special exhibitions
- Pick-up & drop-off
Know Before You Book
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Moderate walking is involved so please wear comfortable shoes
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
Location & Meeting Points