Product Code: RCH-V
From our starting point by Edinburgh Castle, we head out of the city to the village of Roslin, making our first stop at Rosslyn Chapel*. Described as the "Library in Stone", the inside walls of Rosslyn Chapel are covered in thousands of ancient carvings, each with a story of its own. You can also learn of the myths and legends surrounding the chapel, including tales of the Knights Templar. Rosslyn Chapel's worldwide fame increased thanks to "The Da Vinci Code", Dan Brown's blockbusting novel.
Leaving Rosslyn we continue into the heart of the Scottish Borders, an area rich in hills, valleys, rivers and moorland, as well as being the traditional home to Scottish rugby. We travel to the historic town of Melrose, birthplace of the game of Rugby Sevens and location of Melrose Abbey, founded in 660, said to be the burial place of the casket containing the heart of Robert the Bruce. Here we stop for lunch and have free time to explore Melrose and its Abbey*.
On our return journey, we'll travel to Abbotsford House, the home of Sir Walter Scott. The mansion was built in the 1800s and is located on the banks of the River Tweed, surrounded by beautiful gardens. Learn about the life of Sir Walter Scott and enjoy a tour of the grounds and gardens* before we return to Edinburgh, where our day tour ends.
- See St. Boswells for a photo stop at Scott's View
- Visit the historic town of Melrose, birthplace of the game of Rugby Sevens
- See the "Library in Stone" at the Rosslyn Chapel
- Visit the charming Glenkinchie Distillery, one of few Lowland distilleries in Scotland
- Luxury Modern air-conditioned coach
- Digital translations
- Knowledgeable Driver-Guide
- Food and Drink
- Entrance to attractions
Know Before You Book
- Glenkinchie Distillery does not accept children under the age of 8 on their distillery tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Please wear comfortable shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
Location & Meeting Points