Product Code: 2021AGT-B
Discover the real Netherlands in this amazing tour through Zaanse Schans, Edam, Volendam, and Marken – the jewels of the Dutch countryside. Our bus will pick you up near Central Station in Amsterdam.
The visit starts in Zaanse Schans, where you will be able to take pictures of typical Dutch windmills that are still in use today. Afterward, we will drive to the Waterland area, passing through the beautiful villages from this part of the country: Edam, Volendam, and Marken. In Edam, we will walk through historic sites like the square where the famous Cheese Market used to take place.
Then, near Volendam, we will visit a local cheese producer, where the cheese master will explain how they produce Gouda and Edam cheeses. In the clog factory, you will discover the secrets of this typical Dutch shoe. Then, travel back in time to the 17th century as we walk by cozy fishermen's houses in Marken, the fishing harbor, and the protestant church.
Join us for an unforgettable day visiting Edam, Volendam, Marken, and Zaanse Schans. At the end of the tour, our guides will give you the requested information to enjoy an hour boat trip on the canals of Amsterdam. You can do the cruise at the end of the tour or when you want in your stay in the city. Note that on special occasions, or for reasons not related to Amsterdam Guias & Tours, the tour may vary slightly. The tour guide may adapt the experience to deliver the best experience for the group overall.
- Visit the villages of the Dutch countryside
- Visiting Edam, Volendam, Marken and Zaanse Schans with the best guides in the city
- Enjoy an hour boat trip on the canals of Amsterdam
- Discover the true Netherlands
- Visit with English or Spanish live guide
- Bus transportation
- 1 hour canal cruise with audio guide in 17 languages
- Entrance to the cheese farm
- Entrance to the clog workshop
- Food or beverages
- Hotel pickup
Know Before You Book
- Bus not adapted for wheelchair access
- Please wear comfortable shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- An umbrella could be a must in The Netherlands
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- You may keep your luggage on the bus during this tour
Location & Meeting Points