Product Code: HEXPL13-B
A stunning day tour of the Highlands, a land of forests, mountains, rivers and glens. Visit a local whisky distillery and sample a warming dram of single malt whisky. The day concludes with our return to Edinburgh in time for an evening at the world-famous Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
After an 8:30am check-in, we leave Edinburgh at 08.45am and pass Stirling with views of its impressive Castle and the Wallace Monument. Then it's into the Highlands through the scenic beauty, once home to the infamous cattle thief and rogue, Rob Roy MacGregor. We visit a local whisky distillery where you will learn how our national drink, the 'water of life' is made and sample a wee dram.
Nicely warmed by the whisky, we then explore a stretch of magical Perthshire forest; the peaceful Hermitage. Take a short woodland walk to see the Black Linn Falls on the River Braan and don't forget to look up! You can spot here the giant Douglas firs which are among the tallest trees in Britain. Travelling further south, we take in Dunkeld with its spectacular cathedral on the banks of the River Tay before returning to the Capital past the inspiring Forth Bridges.
We're back in Edinburgh for approximately 05.30pm with enough time to relax and explore the city before making your own way to the evening performance of the Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle. The drop-off location, where we say our good-byes, is Waterloo Place in central Edinburgh.
- Explore the city before making your own way to the evening performance of the Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle
- Explore a stretch of magical Perthshire forest; the peaceful Hermitage
- Visit a local whisky distillery where you will learn how our national drink, the 'water of life' is made and sample a wee dram
- Entry or admission fee
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo ticket
- Local Scottish Guide
- Distillery Tour
- Hermitage Forest Walk
Know Before You Book
- Comfortable walking shoes, raincoat in case of light rain
- Anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult
- Adults / Students must be over 18 at the time of travel
- Students must hold a valid ISIC/ISE/ITIC card
- Please be advised that children under 5 years old may not take part in the tour
Know Before You Go
- You are required to carry a valid Id or passport with you on travel date
- No glass bottles, cans, laser pens, alcohol, large backpacks, or umbrellas are permitted at Tattoo
- Drop-off location is Waterloo Place in central Edinburgh
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
Location & Meeting Points
18 ,West Register Street,