Product Code: FTATPG-F
This park came onto the scene in 1900 when Barcelona was a modern and cosmopolitan metropolis and the engineer Ildefons Cerdà studied in depth the difficulties of modern city growth. Barcelona expanded very rapidly throughout the second half of the 19th century. Its central area began to take shape as a large bourgeois center. The Universal Exhibition of 1888 promoted the search for a new artistic language and urban representation. The park is the perfect representation of our city’s growth, and remains a popular icon within the city.
The main architectural feature of the park is based on Art Nouveau, a form of art inspired by natural forms and structures, like the curved edges of flowers or other plants. It spread from Glasgow to Brussels and finally to Barcelona, where it features building styles like the Catalan vault (or timbrel vault) and old craft styles, while also utilizing the expressive potential of iron.
- Fast track entry via avoiding the crowds
- Enjoy the view over the city and take great photos
- See The Art Nouveau
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Tickets to Park Güell
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Know Before You Book
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
Location & Meeting Points